SCU Lightning Complex Fires: Multiple fires are burning in Contra Costa County, Alameda County, Santa Clara County, Stanislaus County and San Joaquin County. Cal Fire is referring to them collectively as the SCU Lightning Complex. "SCU" stands for Santa Clara Unit.
Includes the Deer Zone fires (Round Fire, Palm Fire, Marsh Fire and Briones Fire), the Calaveras Zone fires (Kilkare Fire, Arroyo Fire, Mill Creek Fire, Welch Fire, Ohlone Fire and Reservoir Fire) and the Canyon Zone Fires (Peg Leg Fire, Terraville Fire, Del Puerto Fire and Peach Fire)
Fire updates, evacuations and closures:
Santa Clara County:
- East of the fire perimeter to Mines Rd. and San Antonio Rd.
- South of the Alameda/ Santa Clara County Line to Hwy 130
- West of Mines Rd. and San Antonio Rd. to the fire perimeter
- East of San Felipe Rd. to the Santa Clara/Stanislaus County Line
- South of Mt. Hamilton/Hwy 130
- West of Santa Clara/Stanislaus County Line to San Felipe Rd.
- South of a straight line from the East end of Metcalf Road to the Stanislaus County Line.
- East of Shingle Valley Road, east of Anderson Reservoir, East of Coyote Creek, East of Coyote Lake to the Stanislaus County Line.
- North and east of Gilroy Hot Springs Road.
- East of Canada Road from Gilroy Hot Springs Road to Jamieson Road.
- North of Jamieson Road.
- All areas east of a straight line from the East end of Jamieson Road to Hwy 152 offramp to Casa de Fruta to the Stanislaus/Merced County Line.
- North of Hwy 152 offramp to Casa de Fruta to the Merced County Line
- South of the Alameda/Santa Clara County Line in between Mines Rd. and the Stanislaus/San Joaquin County line to Del Puerto Canyon Rd.
- East of Mines Rd to Santa Clara/Stanislaus County Line
- North of Del Puerto Canyon Rd. to Alameda/Santa Clara County Line in between Mines Rd. and the Stanislaus/San Joaquin County
- West of Santa Clara/Stanislaus County Line to Mines Rd. in between the Alameda/Santa Clara County Line and Del Puerto Canyon Rd.
- Mines Road at DelValle Road. DelValle residents only. (Alameda SO)
- Mine Road at Santa Clara County Line
- The intersection of Mines Road, Del Puerto Canyon Road, and San Antonio Valley Road. No Traffic north or south (west) from intersection. (Dublin CHP)
- Quimby Road at Mount Hamilton Road. Hard Closure. (San Jose CHP)
- E. Dunne Ave at Holiday. No traffic east of the intersection. (Hollister-Gilroy CHP)
- Gilroy Hot Springs Rd. at Canada Rd. No traffic east of the intersection. (Hollister-Gilroy CHP)
- Bell Station, north of 152. No traffic north of 152. (Hollister-Gilroy CHP)
Animal Evacuation Points:
County of Santa Clara Animal Services: (408) 686-3900
- For the unincorporated areas of Santa Clara County, Morgan Hill, and Gilroy
Hold Your Horses Livestock: (925)584-1976
- Large Animals in Canyon Zone
Alameda County Animal Services: (925)803-7041
- Large and Small animal shelter and assistance